Last Updated on July 5, 2021
For installing Windows, the very first thing we need is installation media. For creating installation media, Windows 10 Media Creation tool is one of the best Microsoft tools. We can create installation media using a USB or DVD. The windows 10 media creation tool download itself is not very large, and in just a few clicks, your installation media is ready to use.
Read related articles:
- How to create a Windows 10 recovery USB?
- What are the differences between Microsoft Office vs Office 365?
- How to find a Windows 10 product key?
Media Creation Tool used for the following three purposes:
- Upgrading to the latest version of windows.
- Install a new copy of Windows or Clean installation of Windows.
- Reinstall Windows.
In the article below, we will explain in detail, how to download the windows media creation tool, Steps to Create Installation Media, and what you will need.
What are the things required for creating Windows 10 installation Media?
- Pc with working internet. The time required to download will depend on the speed of your internet connection.
- USB flash drive or DVD. A blank USB Flash Drive with a minimum of 8 Gb of space or DVD with a DVD Burner. Important: Use a blank USB or a DVD as it will erase all data.
- Windows Product Key. Your 25 Digit windows product key will be required. (Windows activated through Digital License will not need Product Key.) Please refer to the following article on How to find Windows 10 product key?
What are the steps to create Windows 10 Installation Media?
Approx Time Needed: 1 hour.
Windows 10 Media Creation tool is one of the best Microsoft tools to create Windows installation media and following are its steps:
- Start Setup
Click on the Windows Media Creation tool exe file to setup.
- Allow setup
Click Yes on the User account control box to allow.
- Wait for few seconds
It might take a few minutes to get things ready.
- Accept T&C.
Accept the license terms and conditions in Windows 10 media creation tool.
- Again wait for few moments
You will get “Getting a few things ready” again. Wait for few moments.
- Select “Create installation media”
Select “Create installation media” and hit Next.
- Then Select language and other options
Select Language and architect 32or 64 bit and hit next. You’ll create either a 64-bit or 32-bit version of Windows 10. To check this on your PC, Click Windows Key + I >System > Search About your Pc in the search box and select it.
- Select USB
Select USB and hit Next.
- Now Select the USB drive
Select the USB drive and hit Next.
- Wait for Windows 10 download
Wait while setup Downloads Windows Files.
- Click finish.
Click Finish. Installation media is created with the help of the Windows 10 media creation tool and ready to use.
Important: Before using the tool to upgrade your pc to Windows 10 or installing a new copy of windows or a Windows reinstallation, make sure you have all the drivers and license key for the software installed as needed to reinstall software later.