Get started Office setup at setup.office.com or www.office.com/setup and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Login with a Microsoft account,
- Enter your product key, and
- Get your Office 365 or Office 2016 or Office 2019.
Downloading and installing MS Office online is simple. When you go to an online store or a retail store to buy an MS Office 365 or Office 2016 these days, you often get subscription key. Such key allows you to download your Microsoft Office from the MyOfficeAccount.
The benefit of having an office.com/setup home and student 2016 or Office 365 setup product key is that you install a recent version of your Office software on your PC’s or Macs devices.
How to Set up Microsoft Office with Product Key at office.com/setup
Steps to setup Microsoft Office at Office.com/setup with product Key are:
- Visit Office.com/setup activation link.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account or to manage your Microsoft products’ subscription, create one.
- Enter your product key or code and click Next.
- When your account successfully associated with the key, you’ll see the page “My Office account“.
- Now, Select Install and follow the on-screen instructions.
After that, your Microsoft Office setup will successfully download and install on your PC/windows or Mac or other devices.
- Read instruction written on purchased Office subscription before to redeem or enter your product key to set up Microsoft Office at office.com/setup.
- Look for product key on the subscription card you purchased. If you purchased Office 365 or Office 2016 at a physical retail store, you should have a physical box or card with a product key on it.
- Select your Country/Region and Language on the My Account Page.
- Already entered a product key and looking for your Microsoft Office software? Install from Office.com/MyAccount.
- If you already have a Microsoft account to use Microsoft service like Skype, Outlook.com, OneDrive, or Xbox Live then use your Account for everything you do with Office.
Few tips for Office setup 365 or office 2016
With a Microsoft Office subscription, you get the benefit of latest Office apps. Here are the few tips when you are going for Office setup 365 or office 2016.
- How to set up Office 365 for Home or personal or set up Office 2019
- How can I install office without a Microsoft account?
First, Check your system requirement where you want to download.
Install Office on PC through office.com/setup:
- Downloading and installing Office suite depending on the browser of PC:
- Chrome- Setup
- Internet Explorer or Edge- Click Run
- Firefox- Save File
- You will see the prompts after finished, “You’re all set! Office is install now” and through an animation plays you can find Office application on your PC.
- In most cases, Office 365 or Office 2016 activate after entering Office setup product key or once you start an application or when you click the Accept the agreement of Office.
- If you face any issue with installation, visit List of common issues and their solution sections.
Install Office on Mac through office.com/setup:
- After sign in at office.com/setup and linked the product key with MyOfficeAccount, you need to download Office App.
- Once the download completed on your Mac, Open Finder> Go to Downloads> and Double-Click Microsost_Office_2016_Installer,pkg (name might vary).
- Wait 10 seconds and try double-clicking the installer package again if you see this error on Mac.
- Click Customize, if you don’t want to install entire suite of Office. You can install specific Office apps also by this feature.
- You can use and install Office 2016 for Mac and Office 2011 for Mac at the same time. But we recommend that you use the latest version without any confusion.
*Note: Office 365 or Office 2016 and its applications is product of Microsoft. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. iPhone, iTunes, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
List of common issues and their solution
Your account is blocked
If your work and school account blocked at www.office.com/setup that means your Office 365 administration set up a security policy that is stopping you from signing in to that location.
If you want to install Office, directly sign in at Office 365 Software page instead. Select the bit version and language and then click Install. See the above steps of Install on PC or Install on Mac.
Taking very long time to install Office
If Office is taking very long time to install then maybe causes are slow internet (such as dial-up connection), and antivirus software or firewall. You can download and install Office using the offline installer.
In case, you still face this installation issue, try contacting Microsoft Customer Support.
Receiving error during installation
If you received an error during install this may be caused by your Office system requirement that doesn’t support your computer. In the case of Windows Vista or Windows XP operating system, try the Office online Apps using your desktop browser.
You can troubleshoot to get information on a particular error if you found there ‘Learn More’ link.
Unsupported Operating system: If you got this error during install Office it means you may be trying to install Office 365 or Office 2016 on an unsupported device such as installing the PC version of Office on a Mac or vice versa.
Our experts can also support you via live Chat to diagnose and troubleshoot the installation issues.