Last Updated on June 1, 2021
A Microsoft account linked with an ‘Office for home’ product allows you access to different Microsoft products and services while enabling you to reinstall Office without the necessity of a product key. However is it possible to install Office without a Microsoft account? Lets check it.
Do Note: Linking your MS account to MS Office is solely applicable for Microsoft 365 Family or Personal. Furthermore, it applies to non-subscription editions of Microsoft Office Home and Business, Microsoft Office Home and Student, Microsoft Professional, and some other versions of Office Professional Plus (2013 or other).
Bear in mind:
- A Microsoft account is necessary to install and activate MS Office versions 2013 or beyond and Microsoft 365 for home.
- You might have a Microsoft account already if you use services such as Xbox Live, Outlook.com, OneDrive, or Skype, or if you bought Office from the Microsoft Store online.
- If you do not have your personal Microsoft account yet, you will have to create it the first time you install or activate your MS Office copy.
- When you link your Microsoft account to Office, it means anytime you want to install or reinstall Office. You won’t need to re-enter your product key or hang on to an installation disc or thumb drive.
- If you use Microsoft Office 365, you can go ahead to link your credit card information with your Microsoft account and turn on recurring billing, so Office is always available, and if you wish to setup Office 365 check related articles or you can visit office.com/setup.